S & T Aircraft Accessories, Inc., hereafter referred to as us, we or our, shall warrant that all accessories and components overhauled by us shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, unless otherwise stated.
The warranty period begins from the date of sale and shall not exceed one year from that date, or upon installation of the accessory or component onto an aircraft the warranty period shall not exceed 100 hours of operation time, whichever occurs first. Accessories and components must be returned within 30 days of the product failure date and must be in their original state as removed from the aircraft and must also be accompanied with the original maintenance release and a copy of the aircraft time and service log. Failure to include these documents may constitute a denial of warranty.
Accessories or components shall not have been disassembled, repaired, or altered in any way without prior authorization. Accessories or components shall not have been subjected to misuse, accident, alteration or improper installation. Normal wear of service items shall not be considered defects under this warranty.
The duration of this warranty shall be for the unused portion of the original warranty period. Any replacement unit or repair of the original unit shall not establish a new warranty period.
All accessories or components must be installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended procedures and in conformity with applicable FAA regulations and procedures. At the time of installation, the installing individual or agency assumes all liabilities for the proper installation and operation of the unit.
The sole responsibility and liability of S & T Aircraft and your exclusive remedy under this claim arising out of, connected with, or resulting from, this sale or the performance or breach of any condition or warranty there under or from the delivery, or use of the product shall be the repair of, or replacement, or credit for the defective accessory or component at our option.
In no event, whether as a breach of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall we be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, or penal damages or expenses, including, but not limited to, loss of life or limb, the cost of removal and replacement of the accessory or component, loss of associated equipment, damage to associated equipment, cost of capital, cost of substitute products, cost of troubleshooting, facilities, or services, cost of down time, or cost of claims of third parties for such damages or expenses.
Customer will be responsible for in-bound freight charges associated with accessories and components returned to S & T Aircraft for warranty evaluation. If warranty is granted, we will return accessory or component at our expense using the same method of shipment as original purchase.
No warranty shall be provided for any accessories or components that are repaired or tested.
If you have any questions about this warranty policy, please call us at +1 (830) 625-7923.
S & T Aircraft Accessories, Inc. shall not warranty any gears installed into any 756 Series or 397 Series starters which were installed on any R-1340 series engine. Warranty approval is at the sole discretion of S & T Aircraft Accessories, Inc.
S & T Aircraft Accessories, Inc. shall not provide any warranty, for any starter-generator provided by us which has long-life brushes installed, except in the event that the warranty case is not a direct cause of the long-life brushes. Warranty approval is at the sole discretion of S & T Aircraft Accessories, Inc.
Core Return Policy
S & T Aircraft Accessories, Inc., hereafter referred to as us, we or our, provides its customers with a 30-day grace period for core returns. Credit cards will be automatically charged on the 31st day for cores not returned within the grace period as consent was given during the exchange. Open account customers will be invoiced on the 31st day for cores not returned within the grace period. Core invoices will be due and payable upon issuance.
Upon receipt of a core, the unit will be inspected. Should any parts that are outside the scope of a normal overhaul, as dictated by the manufacturer in the overhaul manual, need to be replaced, additional charges will be assessed. The difference between the outright cost and the exchange cost shall be charged for any units that are not received within the 30-day grace period, or for any cores that are deemed unrepairable or are beyond economical repair. Additionally, if we are charged over and above by a third-party supplier for replacement parts beyond a normal overhaul, the cost will be passed along to you, the customer. These additional charges may take up to 90 days to complete.
Cores return must be identical in manufacturer and part number to receive credit for the core. Cores that are returned that are not identical, must have prior approval. If you have any questions about this core return policy, please call us at +1 (830) 625-7923. Deviations from this core policy can be requested in advance of the core due date and are at our discretion.
Credit Card Handling Policy
S & T Aircraft Accessories, Inc. hereafter referred to as S & T Aircraft, must protect cardholder information for any individual or entity that utilizes a credit card or banking information to transact business with S & T Aircraft. This policy is intended to be used in conjunction with the complete PCI-DSS requirements as established by the PCI Security Standards Council.
Credit card transactions have become the preferred method for making payments to S & T Aircraft. Every business that accepts credit and debit card payments is required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI‐DSS). Additionally, S & T Aircraft’s reputation would be seriously damaged by the exposure of credit or debit card numbers. To comply with the PCI‐DSS, employees who work directly with credit card processing and documentation are required to review and sign this policy on an annual basis.
Applicability of the Policy
This policy applies to any individual or business with responsibilities for managing credit card transactions and to those employees entrusted with handling credit cards, credit card information and banking information.
- Access is authorized only for personnel who are responsible for processing or facilitating credit card transactions.
- Only authorized personnel may process credit card transactions or have access to documentation related to credit card transactions.
- A copy of this policy must be read and signed by authorized personnel on initial employment and annually thereafter.
- When recording credit card information for processing, only cardholder name, account number and expiration date may be recorded. The three-digit security code (CVV2) can be recorded for initial authorization but the record must be shredded after authorization has been received.
- Store transaction documentation and merchant receipt in a secure (locked) area.
- Collection of credit card information using an electronic fax machine is discouraged, but permitted. The fax machine should be a non-networked machine hooked up only via a phone line and accessible only to department staff. No credit card information should be received through multi-purpose machine such as a copier/scanner/printer/fax machines.
Card Present Transactions
- Picture ID is required if the card is not signed. Provide receipt to customer.
- Store transaction documentation and merchant receipt in a secure (locked) area.
Receipt of Credit Card Information by Email
- Under no circumstances will credit card numbers received in email be processed.
- The recipient of the credit card number will respond to the sender with a standard template advising that the transaction cannot be processed and offering an acceptable method for transmitting card information. Credit card numbers will be deleted from the response.
Retention and Destruction of Cardholder Data
- Cardholder data should be retained in a secure location only as long as is necessary for business purposes. It is not permissible to store the three‐digit security code (CVV2).
- Cardholder data will be destroyed when no longer needed. Paper will either be shredded using a cross cut shredding device, incinerated or pulped. Electronic files will be destroyed in a manner appropriate to the media on which they are stored.